Sunday, May 26, 2013

Gore and Goth/ Alternative?...


Hello Everyone!

Its me May again. I am so sorry that this week's post is like four days late. I apologize. I've been shopping quite a lot lately. So that's what has been taking my time this entire week. I've been getting some of the cutest things and pretty much just making my wardrobe bigger. So moving on with today's topic. Yep, I know this is going to be quite a controversial topic but it has to be talked about as well.
I really don't know why I am writing about this, but I always did think it was something to talk about. I guess it was just to clear out a few thoughts. I have always seen that whether anyone is in any  alternative scene at every single alternative kid whether being Goth, Punk, Scene, Emo, Metalhead, or an Indie kid they are always so obsessed with gore. I really don't know why. I guess I just find it a tad bit odd. Personally, I myself do not really like gore at all. I like it on the movies you know to make it well...more epic haha. :D But to have a like some obsession with it, I just find it strange. Call me an observant prick but, sit down and think about what I just said. And literally sit and think and you will see what I am saying is true. Not that I am saying that liking gore is a bad thing. But, you know its one of the things that I have observed, and yes I am very observant.
On other notes let me try to make a comparison of what I am trying to say you know when lets say an article of clothing is on right now's current fashion choice and its a hot pick. And everyone is literally going bonkers just trying to get that said piece of clothing. Its like the same thing with the alternative kids going loony with something gore related.
Or maybe I just do not get it because well I'm just not into that. Clearly I am the odd one left out in here. Well I really don't find anything interesting in zombies, broken human pieces, or anything along those lines. Although, I admit I do like Faeries, Mermaids, and Vampires. But, you know I like those type of mythical things that you hear in stories all the time and some romance added to it. (And no I am not talking about Twilight.) Maybe its just that I really do not see the point is shows like The Walking Dead or something similar like that. I know we all have different tastes and everything but, clearly you do not see me going rabid over something that I simply like. My main point is why do all of the Alternative kids get like that when the topic is about gore, and why do they have like some sort of obsession with it? And all of my alternative friends used to always get like that when someone would mention the gore subject. But I don't talk with any of those people anymore, we had our differences and they couldn't cope with my differences.
*P.S: Not that I find it a bad thing, of course it is not! But why does every Alternative kid have some morbid fascination with gore? And I am hoping that you all understood what I was trying to talk about in this weeks topic and don't blow up and get mad at me!
Another thing that I would like to point out is related to the Gothic subculture its that well being a member in it doesn't mean its all about death and gore. Sure those are a few aspects, well the gore one. Since the Gothic subculture is set upon the spooky and the macabre.  As how I like to see it its about having fun and liking the things that the subculture has to offer. At least that is how I see it in my eyes. For many others in it of course it is different! We all are different people and like to embrace our individuality, and take pride in it as well.
And for last bits of this weeks delayed post I felt like that I had to post a few pictures of myself so you can all excuse the fact that I posted quite late because of my lack of time. :)

Me! :)
 
A closeup of me :)
 
Picture of my boots and cool stockings ^-^

What do you think of this topic that I wrote this week? What are your thoughts and comments? Feel free to comment down below and say your opinion about this topic.

See you soon,
May

2 comments: