Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Favourite Female Music Artists! :)

Hello Everyone!

Its me May again. Finally I am back on track! This weeks topic is a very fun topic, its about my music tastes. I wanted to share with all of you on what type of music that I listen to. But its going to be about my favourite female artists. Its pretty much basically about the fun music that I listen to. I don't think its that Goth oriented, but it is still pretty sweet music. Some of my favourite artists that I pretty much never get bored of. You know those artists that you can listen to over and over again and never get bored of. Well at least to me! :) In this post I am going to mention four artists. I might make a second part to this, so stay tuned! I think I might do this for like every genre of music that I listen to. It sounds challenging and also very fun as well. The artists that I am going to mention in my post are in no particular order because they are all my top favourites.


Emilie Autumn


Emilie Autumn
Oh how much I love classical music, so of course Emilie is in this list. Emilie plays her violin beautifully in all of her songs. I also really love how she has this Victorian aesthetic in her shows and music. Its very inspiring to see all of her different styles. My favorite album is Opheliac. The reason why this is my favorite album of hers, its because I feel it so much more personal and you can relate to the lyrics of her music. Whenever I listen to Emilie's music its like I get transported to this Victorian world where everything has gone wrong, and not how the Victorian era is thought of grand and luxurious. I think that's because of The Asylum's doing. Because well it is true the Victorian era is not as beautiful as we think. Well if you are a man of course it is going to be wonderful for you, but if you are a woman, not so much. Another thing that I love about Emilie's music is that she mixes Classical Music with Industrial, that's another huge plus! As for Emilie's style it is amazing! I love how she looks like a bedraggled Victorian doll. Words that Gothic Charm School's author Jillian Venters used to describe Emilie's style. 

 

Kanon Wakeshima
Another artist that plays a Classical Instrument! Kanon plays the cello and makes Visual Kei music. Since her music is in Visual Kei Lolita movement in Japan. She was actually the first Japanese singer that I had ever heard and it was amazing! That was so way back in my sophomore year in high school. It was when her Still Doll song had come out in the Vampire Knight anime. I really love Kanon's Victorian Lolita style, and did I forget to mention she has the looks of a doll! What I love about Kanon's music its that it has the feel of a pleasant Victorian Lolita singing dark songs. Something that the average person would not expect if they would see a Lolita girl. And the way that she sounds while singing and playing the cello is like a beautiful melody playing. As for Kanon's two albums also sound very different. Her first one sounded very dark whereas the second had a light sound to it. I still love both of them. Both are amazing albums in their own way.



Ayria
Ayria's music consists of Industrial. I really love Ayria's twist in her Industrial because it has a sort of dark pop twist in it. And her music is very upbeat, but the lyrics are very dark. I also love that her music is so personal and that you can relate so many of her songs. I love that her music is very danceable and that you can dance them at any type of club. Since it is Electronica music. As for Ayria's style I love it! Its so bold and really perky. A perfect example of Perky Goth. I actually love all of Ayria's three albums they all have their own thing going on. Each is a must listen to. I have have been waiting to hear her fourth one called Plastic Makes Perfect. Since I am still waiting to hear it on iTunes. You know so I can hear a preview. I wonder if her site has a small preview before you buy. I have to check that out.




Kerli
The last artist that I am going to mention is Kerli. I really love Kerli's music as well. Her two albums sound so different from one another. I actually have not her Utopia album yet. But I can't wait to hear it! As for her Love is Dead album I liked it a lot. To me it had an alternative-ish sound to it. As for her singles Army of Love and Zero Gravity were really great! I loved that those songs had a Synthpop feel to it, and best of all they were really upbeat and very danceable as well. As for Kerli's style is very cute and light but with a spice of dark added to it. I really love the whole Bubble Goth term that she coined to describe her style. In her video Tea Party she has this Gothic Lolita style that I love very much. And in her Zero Gravity video she has a Cyber Goth look mixed with her own Bubble Goth look.

So there it is, those are my top four Female Artists that I love and look up to a whole bunch. If you haven't heard their music make sure you give them a listen because their music is wonderful. I truly recommend their music. If you are looking to hear new music listen to these artists and you will not be disappointed. They are all completely different from each other so maybe you might not like all of them. But its worth a listen to. I'm so sorry that I couldn't add a caption in all of the pictures. My computer sucks and it doesn't show the add caption menu thing. Or BlogSpot just hates my computer and will not let me add captions to the images :/ I probably will make a second edition to this because there are more female artists that I love! So what are your top picks on  female artists? Share and comment below! I would love to hear from all of you! Follow if you like what I post, I will try to post every single week a fun topic. :)

3 comments:

  1. You should give my band a listen then: https://soundcloud.com/razorbladekisses

    In particular you may find Erzsebet (which is from our next album) and the Twinkle Twinkle album of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I admit, I have not been on this web page in a long time... however it was another joy to see It is such an important topic and ignored by so many, even professionals. professionals. I thank you to help making people more aware of possible issues. Lofi Study Beats

    ReplyDelete