Sunday, July 21, 2013

Books That I Reccomend: The Blood Coven Series


Hello Everyone!

Its me May again and as late as usual I am writing this week's post. I felt like I should do a book recommendation because I was reading these books a few days ago and they never get old! Originally a friend told me about these series because I looked at the cover of the book she was reading and overall it looked cool. And she let me borrow the book so I can read it myself and was not disappointed! The book that she let me borrow was The Blood Coven Series #2 Stake That! It was a very interesting read on my opinion, since I still had the vampire obsession bug during that time so I was like OMG!! Vampires!!! During my Junior year in high school. Sorry to mention my embarrassing high school teenage girl awkward phase, but yeah that's how I was when it came to vampires or anything "Gothic" as to what I thought back in my awkward high school phase. So enough of my embarrassing phase and on with the book recommendation.

The Blood Coven Series books  are written by Mari Mancusi and have eight books to them. So there is plenty to read. That is if you haven't read them already! In every book there is always like a big adventure in them which I thought it was so much fun. But I will warn you, if you do not like teenage girl romance books directed to the YA audience, then these are not the books for you. The main protagonists in these series are Sunshine (Sunny) and Rayne who are to twin sisters that look identically the same and that live in suburban Massachusetts near the border of New Hampshire. While Sunny and Rayne are identical twin sisters Sunny is just your average normal girl that enjoys her high school life, being with her friends, playing in her school's hockey team, starring in her high school's play, and enjoys her view of "normal" at least until what she thought normal was . Quite contrary is her sister Rayne who is a full fledged Goth girl,  lover of the night, enjoys funky fashion, Goth clubbing, and enjoys the darker things in life.

For being twin sisters and liking completely different things both Sunny and Rayne get along pretty well. Which I like that in these series because usually in real life you have sisters that completely hate each other and cannot see themselves in any sort of painting. The only thing that I didn't like about Sunny was that from time to time you will occasionally see that she does call Rayne, her sister a weirdo. That was the only thing I didn't like about her. Just because her sister likes different things other than the ones she likes doesn't mean Rayne is a weirdo. That's also a thing that I don't like, that they are always saying  that Goths are wierdos, how? I really do not see Goths being weird because they like a lot of 80's music. I know because I am myself a Goth girl. I mean seriously, how is that weird? Not at all if you think about it.

Okay, enough of my off topic opinion and getting on with the book recommendation so overall I have read all of the books and quite frankly I enjoyed them a lot, because both characters you can relate to a lot because they are high school teenagers going through the same stuff we go through. I also love how both Sunny and Rayne have a great sense of humor, at the beginning when I started to read the books I thought they were going to have different behaviors and attitudes because both Sunny and Rayne are pretty different from each other. Since the first book I read in the series was the #2 Stake That! book since I skipped the #1 Boys That Bite book. But since it was Mari's writing I guess she kept it the same for both characters. Which I thought it was better for the win because for sure I didn't want Sunny to be uptight and have no sense of humor at all. Or for a worst case scenario, I didn't want Sunny to be another Bella from Twilight! That would be a catastrophic event! 





So this was the book cover that I saw my friend reading several years ago. To be honest when I had first seen this book I totally thought this was 90's book because of how the cover looked like. At least I thought it did. 
These are actually the old covers because these books have new covers now. I actually like these covers better because they are more "old school" I guess. You don't really see covers like these any more. I kind of miss that nostalgic feeling that these covers usually gave.







These are the older covers for the other two books.























Here are the new covers for these books, there were only 3 older covers for these series. So I will put these books in order.



The first book in the Blood Coven Series Boys That Bite.
This book is written in Sunny's point of view.


















The second book in the Blood Coven series is Stake That.
This book is written in Rayne's point of view. Here we get to see how different Sunny and Rayne are.

















The third book in the Blood Coven series is Girls That Growl.
This book is written in Rayne's point of view. 



















The fourth book in the Blood Coven series Bad Blood.
This book is written in Sunny's point of view.

















The fifth book in the Blood Coven series Night School.
This book is written in Rayne's point of view.


















The sixth book in the Blood Coven series Blood Ties.
This book is written in Sunny's point of view.


















The seventh book in the Blood Coven series Soul Bound.
This book is written in Rayne's point of view.



















The eighth and the last book in the Blood Coven series Blood Forever.
This book is written in both sisters point of views, but mostly Sunny's. I was hoping for it to be written more in Rayne's point of view to be honest.











As for which of the twin sisters is my favorite character, I think that one is a pretty obvious one. I like Rayne better because she is just more funnier, and in the books that are in her point of view they are just so much better. And let us just say that I totally loved Rayne when she mentioned bands like The Sisters of Mercy, VNV Nation, Depeche Mode, Apoptygma Berserk, and Bauhaus. And let us not forget Rayne being a total gamer is a total plus too! (I am one too!) Personally that is my opinion and I pretty much relate to her fashion wise and music wise.

As for any book spoiling I will not do any because I want you all to read them! I certainly do not want to give you the entire spoilers and totally demotivate you from reading these book series. And let us just say when I give spoilers I tend to give every single detail about it all and you will end up completely uninterested. And if any of you read all of the books comment down below and tell me if you enjoyed these books or not?

See you soon,
May

Follow me on my Tumblr if you have one!
http://moonlitmidnightmay.tumblr.com/

Add me on Facebook! I will friend you back!
https://www.facebook.com/mayra.robledo.3760

Like my fan page if you have a Facebook!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moonlit-Midnight-May/265756290233450

No comments:

Post a Comment