Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Goth Pokemon: Gothita, Gothorita, and Gothitelle


Hello Everyone!

Its me May again, posting late as usual. I really need to break out of my procrastinating habit. It is messing with my life, like really bad. So I need to set small goals to better myself. And the first step is to quit being a lazy person. So enough of me rambling here, and on with this weeks topic.

Goth Pokémon

Could there be such a thing as gothy Pokémon?
Oh yes there is! If anyone still keeps track of Pokémon there are new Pokémon like in every generation and in the fifth generation there are indeed Goth Pokémon. I actually still watch Pokémon to this day, mainly because I want to see how it ends. And because it is undeniably a childhood favorite. But I really have no idea if they ever do plan on ending the Pokémon series. And I am also proud to say that I do own three Nintendo DS Pokémon games.  

Now I am going to put pictures of the new Goth Pokémon. Gothita is the first pokemon. Second is Gothorita the evolution of Gothita. Lastly is Gothitelle the evolution of Gothorita.







Gothita



Gothorita




Gothitelle


 
 
As from what we can see firsthand on the looks of these Pokémon is that their looks concede with the Gothic Lolita fashion movement in Japan. Which to say that I am very much in love with Japanese fashion! It is so inspiring to see people over there be very creative with the clothing and makeup that they wear! But now to talk about the Gothic Lolita fashion style. It primarily consists of a Neo Victorian fashion aesthetic. Clothing consists of Victorian doll-like dresses with a lot of ruffles and bows. Just like these three Pokémon are wearing, and they also have doll-like hair. As for Gothita and Gothorita they have bows on their hair which is also a fashion accessory used in Gothic Lolita fashion style. From all three of the Pokémon Gothorita is my favorite! I think it was nice for Pokémon to create Goth Pokémon because that shows that the Gothic subculture is pretty big, and that it even inspires very famous franchises like Pokémon which is a pretty worldwide known gaming industry. And another bonus that I loved about the Pokémon franchise making these Pokémon was that it also introduces little kids to Goth and so that they can have a look at it firsthand. Why is this one important?  Its important because it shows the kiddie audience that Goth isn't a weird and creepy thing as to what the media and society makes everyone think. Like on my Facebook profile I had posted a picture I had found on Tumblr about the different perspectives of what society, media, parents, and friends perspectives on what they think Goth is. It was mostly for humor, but a very accurate picture indeed! And another thing that I love when cartoons show Gothy characters in their shows is that it makes kids aware of different fashions and it makes them more open minded about the whole fashion aesthetic that other people wear.

So I hope this post was worth reading and informative as well. What do you think about this? And how do you feel about Pokémon making Goth Pokémon? Do you like it or not? Comment down below! Until the next week's post, in which I hope I will write in time!

Follow me on my Tumblr if you have one!
http://moonlitmidnightmay.tumblr.com/

Add me on Facebook! I will add you back! :)
https://www.facebook.com/mayra.robledo.3760

Please like my Fan Page if you have a Facebook! It means a whole lot! :)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Moonlit-Midnight-May/265756290233450

Follow me on Instagram! I post daily!
http://instagram.com/moonlitmidnightmay

See you soon,
May

5 comments:

  1. That's coincidental; I just found out about this Pokemon, and then you post about it :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about since a year ago, I have the game and since I do keep up in my Pokémon episode watch. I decided to post about these cool Pokémon! :)

      Delete
  2. I love your blog... so nice this post about goth pokemon.

    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like it! I'm very sorry I haven't posted anything. I'm going to try to get this running again! :)

      Delete
  3. Gothorita is probably my favorite Pokemon out of all of them. She's just so cute and I'm seriously in love with Gothic styles, especially Gothic Lolita clothing and Lolita fashion in general. <3

    ReplyDelete